- What you enjoyed most when working on this task?
- What I enjoyed the most is the process of the data collection where I get to go to the places.
- What were some challenges you faced?
- The challenges I faced will be also in the data collection as some pictures are not well-taken and I had to rely on the Internet for some of the pictures and information. Yishun is a living estate and not many interesting places are built here. (But if you count the HDB blocks as one,then there will be alot.)
- Describe ONE area that you think you could do better if given the opportunity to do it again.
- I think I could better on the photos as my photography is not that good. I hope I will have more time to focus in this travelogue.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Yishun, or Nee Soon as it was initially named, is a suburban town in the northern part of Singapore, encompassing the Yishun Planning Area, in the North Region, which includes Yishun New Town and the Nee Soon private residential estate.
-adapted from Wikipedia-
Places of interest and Landmarks of Yishun:
1) Northpoint Shopping Centre
Northpoint is the only shopping mall in Yishun. It has been in Yishun since I was born. Having 19 years of history, it has been serving the residents for many different events. Only recently in early 2010, it has completed its renovations which started in 2009. Now, Northpoint has added a new wing to their building and its guaranteed an enjoyable shopping experience here in Northpoint.
|Exterior of Northpoint(Before renovation)|
|Interior of Northpoint - Old Wing(Before renovation)|
|Exterior of Northpoint(After Renovation)|
|Interior of Northpoint -Old Wing(After renovation)|
|Interior of Northpoint - New Wing(Added after renovation)|
2) Khoo Teck Puat Hospital
Nope. I'm not hoping you to get hurt or ill. This is indeed one of the newest landmark in Yishun, The Khoo Teck Puat Hospital. The Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, previously named as the Northern General Hospital, has launched its medical services only in early 2010. You may ask, why named it the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital? This is because that the late hotelier, Mr Khoo's family, had donated 125 million dollars to building the hospital,hence, the hospital was named after him, The Khoo Teck Puat Hospital. ( I feel proud that my surname is same as him. However,we are not related.)
|Exterior of the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital|
3) Bottle Tree Park
The Bottle Tree Park is a very unique park as the plants there are mainly bottle trees,hence its name. It is also a place for fishing and there is also a special corner for children to gain some fishing experience where they can catch little fishes and bring them home. There is also a seafood restaurant where you can have your meal after a long tiring day at the park.
|Playground and Swan Ride in Bottle Tree Park|
|Children's Fishing Place in Bottle Tree Park|
|Adult's Fishing Place in Bottle Tree Park|
|One of the sceneries in Bottle Tree Park|
|Entrance in Bottle Tree Park|
Done by : Sandy Khoo (8)